Zovio Database Developer III in Chandler, Arizona
At Zovio, we’re doing something different, and we want you to be a part of it. To put it simply, we’re all here to meet the needs of today’s learners. Whether that’s by helping them get a college degree or by providing them specific, focused training, we’re all about making it possible for people to achieve their aspirations and dreams. We partner with higher education institutions and employers to make that happen.
With our mission to innovate and take bold steps forward in education as a leading education technology services provider, we are an entrepreneurially-minded organization looking to the future—but with more than a decade of experience and resources backing us up! We have a culture of Passion , Innovation and Teamwork , and are full of ambitious people that, like you, support our commitment to putting people first. If you want to know more about us, be sure to check out Zovio.com.
What You Will Do:
• Create and update stored procedures, functions, views, reports (using Crystal Reports & Excel), SQL jobs, and SSIS packages (SSRS is a plus)
• Participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle - requirements, design, implementation, testing, release, maintenance
• Implement projects focused on business workflows, automated systems, reporting, and data analysis.
• Participate in collaborative work with DBA’s, Software Engineers, Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Project Managers to achieve software solutions
• Perform code reviews for peers, mentor/coach new hires and junior members of the team
• Assist in process improvement initiatives
• Assist external auditors, regulatory auditors and other 3rd parties as needed
• Assist in company-wide compliance initiatives
• Both Managers and Employees must ensure on a weekly basis accurate and complete timecards for each day of the week. At the end of the pay period, each employee and his/her manager must confirm the accuracy of the records and approve the timecards. This includes ensuring that all requests for sick and vacation has been recorded and that all-time record entries are accurate.
Minimum Requirements :
Minimum 5+ years with the following technologies:
5+ plus years of experience in database developer position
Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills
Solid logical and physical database design skills
Advanced Development level experience with T-SQL
In-depth knowledge of SQL Server (MySQL knowledge a plus)
Experienced with basic ETL processes using SSIS
Experienced with Stored procedure creation/debugging/optimization/tuning
Business process analysis
Data Modeling, profiling and Analysis skills
Solid analytical and communicational skills
Good documentation and writing skills
Strong oral written communication skills
Relevant experience in following areas is a plus:
Campus Nexus Student Integration/OData Services
Integration development with REST/SOAP API
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years related experience
Or Master’s in Computer science with 3+ years of related experience.
Who you are:
You want to share what you know and learn what you don’t
You don’t settle for good , you strive for great
You crave change, you embrace it
You are bold and challenge the traditional way of thinking, bring new ideas to the table
We’re an organization changing and shaping the lives of learnings across the country. Whether directly or indirectly, you’ll be helping make a real difference in the world.
Our environment and culture encourages collaboration, requires communication and rewards risk-taking.
We try hard to provide a good work life balance. We think we’re a great place to work that also allows you to have down time with friends and family.
We believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. In fact, we offer 16 hours of paid time off for you to volunteer, in addition to your vacation days and company holidays.
We want you to live a healthy lifestyle, and offer wellness programs, fitness centers, and onsite health clinics.
Zovio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity of thought, culture, identity, and experience are important for what we’re doing. If everyone here thought alike, we’d never come up with anything new, much less anything bold or innovative. We want you to be your whole self here, and appreciate the unique nature of the people around you, too.
Zovio’s purpose is to help everyone be in a class of their own.