Zovio Education Partner Development II in United States
Candidates must be located in the Houston or San Antonio Markets currently.
Essential Job Duties:
· Structure, negotiate and close education partnership agreements and all new business related products with Zovio corporate partners
· Anticipate, research, and identify opportunities for strategic partnerships. EPD-2s track and record opportunity progress in salesforce.
· EPD-2s are expected to be customer service oriented and achieve high levels of partner satisfaction. Respecting our partners’ cultures, comporting with their ethos and all outreach guidance, and being responsive to partner/student issues are critical to long term success in this role.
· EPD-2s must achieve a high degree of collaboration with other members of the account team. Account executives, Operations personnel and EPD-3s collaborate and work side-by-side to ensure partners understand the full range of benefits available to the company and employee.
· EPD-2s are responsible for customer relationship management. EPD-2s work with account executives, Operations personnel, and partners to define the communications cadence and format which best serves the partner’s needs and develops a foundation for long term account growth.
· EPD-2s are responsible for understanding any account sensitivities (e.g. no solicitation, limitations on employee benefits eligibility, and TPA processes), communicating these sensitivities to the rest of the account team, and ensuring compliance.
· Develop and deliver presentations to small and large groups
· Ability to gain detailed understanding of markets, segments, and segment organizations with a focus on identifying those entities which align with Zovio and Ashford University’s strategic objectives
· Anticipate, research, and identify opportunities for promoting Zovio and the University
· Maintain lasting relationships with new and existing corporate partners
· Able to multi-task and meet weekly deadlines
· Prepare activity reports for management review
· Stay apprised of current events within the markets while maintaining current and thorough knowledge of all the degree programs, plus applicable regulatory, operational, and compliance guidelines of the industry and the University
· Conscientious and responsible with company resources including monthly expense allowance
· Responsive with timely internal and external communication
· Work collaboratively with other departments, as needed for the role
· Ensure meticulous execution of all projects and work, with data and content consistently accurate and well presented
· Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines
· Strong business acumen; the ability to recognize marketing and business development opportunities and to pursue them strategically
· Ability to quickly assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and excellent follow through
· Must have proven results in business development preferably with large organizations
· Proven track record of producing measurable value to their department
· Both a self-starter and a team-player, able to perform in a fast-paced environment
· High degree of self-determination and motivation, with driving sense of responsibility, accountability, preparation, responsiveness and service
· Must be able to multi-task and meet weekly deadlines
· Must have a valid driver's license applicable to the State in which position is located
· Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
· PowerPoint and Excel skills required
· Strong commitment to quality and accuracy
· Minimum of 3+ years related experience
· Experience in higher education market and industry
· Experience in working from a home office environment preferred
· Business development and/or sales experience of non-tangible or service oriented items
· BA/ BS degree required from a Regionally or approved Nationally accredited university. All candidates must provide proof of official transcripts upon request.
If a degree or education credit minimum is required for the position, all education must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of higher education (official transcripts) upon request.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
During the remote work arrangement, employee agrees to continue abiding by Company policies and procedures, as outlined in the Bridgepoint Education Employee Handbook including its policies on Discrimination and Harassment, IT Resources and Communication Systems, Workplace Safety Policies, Confidentiality, Email and Internet usage, etc. Failure to follow Company policies may result in discipline, including termination of the employee’s remote working arrangement or employment.
The employee understands that he/she shall not undertake any other activity, including but not limited to household tasks and the care of another individual that could distract the employee from his/her duties while completing remote work.
Recognizing that effective communication is essential for this remote work arrangement to be successful, the employee agrees to the following methods and times of communication with his/her coworkers and/or manager(s):
a. Talking by phone or video chat with his/her manager at least once a day, at the manager’s discretion.
b. Employee shall be available via phone, Skype and/or email during their regularly scheduled business hours (as noted above).
i. Skype settings shall reflect appropriate presence when logged in to windows (Skype should not be set to “Appear Away”) and updated availability based on calendar information.
ii. Employee’s Outlook Calendar should reflect true availability, employee shall not block off calendar.
c. Employee will notify his/her manager if he/she is unable to be available during his/her regular schedule and business hours with reasonable explanation and advance notice.
Regarding space and equipment purchase, set-up, and maintenance, the following is agreed upon:
a. The employee will use Company-provided computer equipment to complete their work remotely.
b. Should any maintenance to the laptop or computer equipment be required, the employee shall contact BTS Service Desk at 866-475-0317 extension 12345 or by submitting a help desk ticket through Insite for required maintenance.
c. Employee will utilize his/her own internet access. The Company will establish a baseline expense amount for monthly internet access and then, on a bi-weekly basis, reimburse employee a pro rata share of this expense amount consistent with the employee’s actual remote work hours. This reimbursement is not intended to fully cover employee’s actual internet expenses. Employee must ensure that his/her manager has his/her most current telephone number.
The employee agrees to maintain a safe and secure work environment. The employee agrees to allow the Company access to assess the safety and security of the employee’s remote work environment, upon reasonable notice.
The employee agrees to maintain the confidentiality of the Company’s information by using electronic passwords and keeping hard copy files in a secured location. Employee agrees to not share his/her passwords to the Company’s systems or devices with anyone outside of the Company. If any unauthorized access or disclosure occurs, the employee agrees to inform the Company immediately. Employee further agrees to maintain anti-virus software on any device(s) used to perform remote work.
The employee agrees to report any work-related injuries to the manager at the earliest opportunity. The employee agrees to hold the Company harmless for injury to others at the remote workplace.
The employee agrees to use Company-owned equipment, records, and materials for purposes of Company business only, and to protect them against unauthorized or accidental access, use, modification, destruction, loss, theft, or disclosure. Incidental personal use shall not interfere with the use of the equipment for Company business. The employee agrees to report to the manager instances of loss, damage, or unauthorized access immediately.
The employee understands and agrees that all equipment, records, and materials provided by the Company shall remain the property of the Company.
Employee is expected to work his/her regular schedule, as noted above, and to be available as needed during business hours, which are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Employee is expected to use accrued vacation and sick time in accordance with Bridgepoint Education (the “Company”) policy when he/she is not working his/her regular schedule and/or is not available during business hours. No deviations from this schedule are allowed on a week-to-week basis. Permanent change to remote schedules must be addressed and approved by the employee’s immediate manager. Employee’s work schedule is subject to change, based upon the business needs of the Employer.
Duties and Assignments: All duties that are required, as outlined in the employee’s job description, are expected to be completed from the remote location. This includes but is not limited to the following:
a. Participating in projects as assigned.
b. Meeting established deadlines.
c. Being available during business hours for support.
d. Participate in meetings via remote access.
e. Other duties as assigned.
The employee understands and agrees that her/his personal vehicle will not be used for Company business unless specifically authorized by the manager.
The employee understands and agrees that he/she is responsible for tax consequences, if any, of this arrangement, and for conformance to any local ordinances or zoning regulations.
The employee understands and agrees that all obligations, responsibilities, terms and conditions of employment with the University remain unchanged.
The employee understands and agree that being provided this opportunity to work remotely does not guarantee that any such opportunity will be provided by the Company in the future, beyond the terms provided herein.
Nothing in this arrangement alters the at-will nature of employee’s employment.
It is the policy of Zovio to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation. In addition, Zovio will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Zovio is an education technology services company that partners with higher education institutions and employers to deliver innovative, personalized solutions to help learners and leaders achieve their aspirations. Zovio leverages its core strengths and applies its technology and capabilities to priority market needs. Using advanced data and analytics, Zovio identifies the most meaningful ways to enhance the learner experience and deliver strong outcomes for higher education institutions, employers, and learners.
Zovio’s purpose is to help everyone be in a class of their own.
Using data and analytics to power radically innovative experiences that are simple, predictive, and tailored to every individual.
At Life Speed
In tune with real life, creating platforms that are accessible, convenient, and that meet people where they are.
Helping people make progress in their lives by solving the problems that matter with empathy and intelligence.
We are ambitious individuals coming together to create bold solutions for a brighter future. We put our people first, and value different ways of thinking.
Passion | Bring it.
We take pride in what we do and have fun doing it.
Innovation | Ignite bold ideas.
We challenge the traditional way of thinking.
Teamwork | Our teams work.
We share knowledge to get the best solutions.